Many couples are waiting for February 14th , Valentine’s Day 2012 with great expectation this year. Whether its your very first Valentine’s Day as a couple or you have been together for decades, this holiday of love is very special indeed and many of you are looking for some tips and advice on how to make it extra awesome.
Now usually on such an occasion, most people love to present chocolates and jewelry and, of course, go out on a romantic dinner. A lot of couples even get engaged on this day but Valentine’s Day 2012 is not your run of the mill regular old Valentine’s Day. This one is going to be special! Why? Because its 2012 people haven’t you seen the movie?
Celebration Ideas for Valentine’s Day 2012
What Single People Should Do
Because it’s Valentine’s Day 2012, you could make it extra special (considering the world is going to end ) by having an end of the world themed party.
So, if you are single, get all your single friends together and ask them to invite their single friends and have a ‘last person on Earth’ party where you and your friends could potentially get a lot of action, wink wink.
The rule is that everyone must get wasted and that no one gets to leave alone
No couples allowed of course unless they are willing to get into it (cough).
What Goofy Fun Loving Couples Should Do on Valentine’s Day 2012
Well, considering its going to be your last Valentine’s Day together, you might as well make it awesome. Pool your money together (yup you too lady) and go have an awesome night.
If you have enough, go to a party city like Vegas or wherever and enjoy a couple of nights together (no sleeping allowed. If you don’t have the funds, then do a romantic bar hop in your local town.
Make silly rules like you must do something naughty every two hours and you must always have a good buzz going or you must not wear any underwear the whole time.
If you are extra adventurous, you could consider meeting another special couple and inviting them over that same evening.
Or, of course you could crash your single friend’s party (as mentioned above) and join in the ‘fun.’ (wink wink)
Here are some Ideas for the Perfect Traditional Valentine’s Day 2012
- You can say what is in your heart with customized candies. These are not just any candies, but ones that you can personalize with your unique message of love. You can even upload a photo of your lady love or have anything else printed on the candies. It is a very cool Valentine’s Day gift which you could consider for 2012 and can be given by both men and women to their loved ones.
- Flowers have always been in vogue on this romantic event. So, how about sending her some eco-friendly flowers? Buy flowers from organizations that have obtained certifications for sustainable development of flowers, such as USDA or Rainforest Alliance. This gift would pass on the perfect message to your pattern and would work towards a better environment for the world.
- If you wish to present your love with something more expensive, or you are about to propose to her on this day, consider a diamond ring with both your names joined together. Diamonds are forever and they symbolize your love for one another, which should last forever. You can select from a great variety including those with classic symbols of unity, with two separate branches curving and joining sinuously.
- Special roses can mean a lot to the person you love. On the Valentine’s Day 2012, you could present a vase of special tall red roses. There are special giant strains of roses available that are specially grown at elevations and in the perfect climate of cool nights and warm sunny days. You can get them with a diameter of 3 to 4 inches and they stay fresh for a long time as well. Deep red roses can be the ultimate expression of passion, love and commitment. You can even buy Eco certified red roses, having a green label.
- A Barbie doll all dressed up for her date with Ken would be cool too. They can make very cute gifts to give to little girls as well.
- If you are considering jewelry, you could present a captivating glass heart pendant with a sterling silver chain. It can send the simplest yet poignant message of love, as it has the classic heart shape.
- Chocolates are, of course, the ultimate gift idea for Valentine’s Day. You can buy and place them in beautiful golden wired gift baskets and can even present them to friends, family or even your business clients (if you happen to be in an appropriate industry). You can also present them to your lady love in a heart-shaped box. It is the most delightful gift which conveys your love most appropriately and delightfully.
- If you are good at writing poetry, you could try your hand at it and send your love a sentimental card or a hand-crafted one, with beautiful embellishments and decorations.
- A romantic candle lit dinner can also be the ideal way of proclaiming your love on Valentine’s Day and a cool way of celebrating the day with the one you love.
- A getaway on this special day would also thrill the love of your life. A quiet and private Valentine’s Day 2012 spent at a romantic spot far away from the city where you will not be disturbed by anyone could win your lady’s heart forever.
Remember it is 2012 and the world is supposed to end this year (sigh). So go out there and have the best Valentine’s Day you can possibly have. That includes lots of fun, food and adventure. Woohoo!